Co-located with our 5th International Conference E/E Systems for Wind Turbines
Drivetrain innovation is the very key to a reduction of the CoE and thus for making wind energy more competitive in times of uncertain government support. The main challenge here is to minimize maintenance and repair efforts without a much higher initial investment, in other words: to find the ideal balance of cost and quality.
Likewise, the on-going trend to tailored turbine designs and rotor blade sizes for different environments poses new challenges for drivetrain design and production
Stay up-to-date with the latest experiences with next generation drivetrains and discuss ways to reach the EU Target 2020 of reducing the Levelized Cost of Energy (LCoE) to 40%.
Don't miss the only event bringing together Drivetrain and E/E Specialists from the global Wind Industry and:
- Learn about achievements in Direct Drive Turbines by listening to case-studies from prototypes to project realization
- Hear about scenarios of implementation, risks and technologies for superconducting direct drive
- Optimize turbine aerodynamic, mechanical and structural components using load data to achieve optimum load share and alignment of gears and bearings
- Identify control strategies for the early detection of premature failures in drivetrains such as white etching cracks
- Find solutions for pure torque designs and get updated on the new designs for journal bearings
- Learn more about the utilities experience for drivetrains extended life spam and enhance reliability through failure anticipation
We look forward to an exciting event and to welcoming you at the conference!